I love pasta and although we all have to use the ready made tomato sauce sometimes, it’s undeniable that the homemade sauce is the best. This is a easy and quick recipe and it’s perfect for when you want a comfort meal. You can blend the sauce if you prefer, I’ve done it like this as I love the chunky bits. Indulge yourself!
- 500g linguine pasta
- 650g plum or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 10g chives chopped
- Handful basil
- 1 vegetable cube
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- Fry the garlic and onion on a low fire for 5 minutes.
- Add the chives and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, black pepper, basil and vegetable cube and cook it low fire for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the pasta in salted water as per the package instructions.
- When the pasta is ready mix it with the vegan margarine and spread the sauce on top.
Tip – when cooking pasta drizzle a bit of olive oil on the boiling water so the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- Nut free
- Soya free