I’ve been doing this recipe for over 5 years and it’s one of our favourites I’ve tried adding and removing ingredients and it gets better and better. The pineapple for example gives a sweet taste that makes the whole difference. Serve it with rice and salad and you have a perfect meal.
- 250g closed cup chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ onions chopped
- 3 sticks of spring onion chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- A handful of chives chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 227g pineapple pieces in fruit juice
- 113g breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- Fry the garlic and onion until tender.
- Add the mushroom and cook about 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Add the carrots, chives, tomatoes,spring onions, salt and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the pineapple and keep stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the fire off and add the breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray and press it with your hands to get as even as possible.
- Bake it for 30 minutes on a pre-heated oven at 180c.
I hope you like it as much as we do. Enjoy!
- Nut free