This tart may not be light, considering the amount of vegan margarine we use to glue the sheets of pastry together, but man it’s good!!! So tasty and crunchy you won’t believe it. Perfect with salad on a warm day. You can also serve it as a starter with you cut it in small cubes. The filo sheets are ultra delicate so manage it with extra care.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 shallots sliced
- 150g buna shimeji mushroom
- 5g chives chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 4 tbsp vegan margarine melted
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Fry the garlic in low fire for 2 minutes.
- Add the shallots and cook it for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the shimeji, chives and tomatoes and cook it the 10 minutes in medium fire.
- Turn the fire off, add the spinach and sunflower seeds and stir until the spinach leafs are cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Open one sheet of filo pastry in the baking tray and brush with the melted margarine.
- Put one other sheet on top and brush it with margarine. Repeat this process two more times, so you have 4 sheets.
- Spread the filling in the middle of the sheets and leave about 3 centimetre on each sides without filling, like a frame.
- Close the sides of the pastry and put the two remaining sheets on top, brush it with remaining margarine.
- Bake it at 180C for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Nut free
- Soya free