This recipe is as chocolaty and rich as it can get. It’s soft and light and is one of those recipes you just can’t get enough. The walnut praline is optional but it adds a bit of zing to the recipe.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 100 ml water
- 100g white sugar
- 100g walnuts
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and light brown sugar.
- Add the almond milk, oil, vanilla and the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full cases and bake it for 16 minutes at 200c or until a fork comes out clean.
- In a sauce pan add the water and white sugar and cook it until it becomes golden brown. While doing this never use a spoon to mix the water and sugar.
- Add the walnuts to the caramel and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased paper, cover with another sheet and roller it with a roller pin.
- Let it cool completely, take it to the food processor and break it into crumbs. You will get a lot more that you will need for the recipe but don’t worry that goes wonderful with fruit or ice cream.
- Soya free