These alfajores are a delight, They are chocolaty, crunchy and sweet. Ok, I know is incredibly fattening but what can I say, a girl just need a treat from time to time, right?
- 115g light brown sugar
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 200ml cold water
- 1 package vegan rich tea biscuit
- 300g vegan dark chocolate
- 200g vegan milk chocolate
- 150ml vegan single cream warm
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, salt, flour and soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, vanilla paste, vinegar and pour cold water over the mixture.
- Combine well with a fork, but do not beat.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and bake it at 180C for 20-30 minutes.
- When the cake is cold, transfer it to a big bowl and crumble it.
- Melt 100g of dark chocolate and mix it with the warm single cream.
- Mix it with the cake and set aside.
Putting the alfajor together
- Divide the cake mixture into 20 balls.
- Delicately press each ball in between two biscuits.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate in bain marie or in the microwave. If you are using the microwave, do it 30 seconds at a time otherwise you can burn your chocolate.
- Dunk each alfajor into the melted chocolate and let it set on a baking sheet.
- You can take it to the fridge for 10-15 minutes if you prefer.
Source - inspired by Cantinho do Vegetariano
- Nut free