I’ve been meaning to try this recipe for a while and the wait was totally worth it. It’s light, easy, quick e everything you can hope for on a lasy Sunday morning. This recipe gives either two big pancakes or four good size ones. It’s a nice change from the good old porridge or cereal. Believe me, it’s just perfect!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Vegan margarine
- Golden syrup
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender combine the milk, oil, banana and sugar until smooth.
- Mix wet and dry together.
- Pour the mixture on a hot non-stick, lightly oiled frying pan.
- Let sit on medium heat until the centre starts to bubble or the pancakes get lose.
- Flip the pancakes over an cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat the process until you use all the mixture.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and serve it with the margarine and golden syrup.
Source – from the book “La Dolce Vegan!” from Sarah Kramer