I call this “5 a Day Baked Rice” because the idea is to put as many vegetables in it as possible, the sky is the limit, so in the end you have a healthy, rich and delicious meal.
- 650gr cooked basmati rice
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 160g broccoli florets
- 2 hand full of pitted green olives in brine cut in half
- Tin of peas in water
- 15 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 sticks of spring onions chopped
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 45g pine nuts
- 2 hand full of raisins
- Black pepper to taste
- Fry the garlic and the onion until tender.
- Add the mushroom and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable cube and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the rice), one at a time stirring for a bit before adding the next.
- Cook it until all the ingredients are tender.
- Turn the fire off and add the rice, mixing it well.
- Bake the mixture at 180c for 25 minutes.
You can never go wrong with this recipe. Since I’ve done it for the first time it is something I have to cook every week as per my husband’s request. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!