Although I like cupcakes, I must confess that I’m not a huge fan of sugary frosting, I know, I think I’m the only one. So when thinking of this recipe I wanted to make a frosting that was sweet but not too sweet and I think the result was pretty much what I had in mind. The cupcakes are as light as a feather and the chocolate frosting complements it perfectly. If you like cupcakes, this recipe is for you and if you don’t, it’s time you try this one, I can guarantee you’ll love it!
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 300g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp chocolate powder
- 110g vegan margarine melted
- 2/3 tbsp almond milk
- Granulate chocolate to sprinkle
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl combine the almond mil, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one and whisk until combined. Careful not to overmix it.
- Preheat the oven at 180c and line a 12 cupcakes ray with cupcake liners.
- Fill 2/3 of the cupcake lines with the batter and bake it for 12 minutes.
- Mix the all the ingredients until frosty and leave it the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the frosting into your pipping bag.
- Pipe onto your cupcake and sprinkle the granulate chocolate on top of the cupcakes.
- Soya free