This lasagne is insanely delicious. It’s quick and easy to prepare. There is no need to cook the lasagne sheets before you take it to the oven and the tofu mixture taste just like ricotta, hence the name. Give it a go, I can guarantee you will love it!
- 9 lasagne sheets
- 250ml tomato sauce
- 500g tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onions chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 120g baby spinach leafs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fry the onions and 2 cloves of garlic on the vegetable oil until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, mustard, a splash of water and bring it to boil.
- In a food processor beat the tofu, almond milk, olive oil, 1 cloves of garlic, lemon juice and salt for a few seconds, just enough to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Add the spinach leafs to the tofu “ricotta” mixture.
- Spoon a bit of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish and place pasta sheets on top, then spread half of the ricotta/spinach mixture evenly using a spatula and pour over more tomato sauce.
- Repeat the process until final layer of pasta and tomato sauce.
- Bake it on a pre-heated oven at 180c for 45 minutes.