I love Cannelloni, they are little cones of goodness and like most pastas a delicious comfort food. You can plyn with the filling but this is my favourite. There is no need to cook the cannelloni’s before you take it to the oven which makes this recipe extremely easy and quick to prepare, if you don’t have enough time you can even use readymade tomato sauce, although I highly recommend that you make your own. Either way, this is a lovely yummy and filling recipe that will for sure win you over!
- 1 box of cannelloni
- 2 cans of tomato in pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 396g tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 120g baby spinach leafs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sauté the garlic and onion until tender.
- Add the tomato, sugar, mustard, wine, a splash of water and bring it to boil. Cook it on a medium fire for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a food processor beat the tofu, almond milk, olive oil, lemon juice and salt for a few seconds, just enough to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Add the spinach leafs to the tofu “ricotta” mixture.
- Fill in the holes of each cannelloni with the mixture and lay them on a baking tray.
- Pour the tomato sauce on top of it and bake it on a pre-heated oven at 180c for 45 minutes.
Serve while still hot. Enjoy!