No your are not crazy, the name of this recipe is correct. This is a vegan version of the traditional american pasta with cheese. If you are curious to find out what in this recipe makes the “cheese” flavor, I’ll tell you, it’s the nutritional yeast. But hey don’t tell anyone and impress your friends.
- 500g piccolini pasta
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Cook the pasta as per the package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, make a paste by whisking the spread and flour over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, salt, and garlic powder to the saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in lemon juice and agave.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.
Inspired by Chef Chloe
- Soya free