This cake is so good, you won’t believe it. Just so you have an idea neither my husband nor my mother-in-law like lemon cake but when this cake was ready they couldn’t stop eating. The almonds make the whole difference as it’s a perfect complement to the sourness of the lemon. Give it go, I guarantee you won’t regret it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cups almond flakes
- 2 lemons juice
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- In a big bowl mix the flour, sugar, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Add in the oil, vanilla paste, almond and vinegar. Mix it well.
- In a small bowl mix the water, lemon juice and zest.
- Add the mixture to the rest of the ingredient and combine it gently.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2lb loaf tin.
- Bake it for 30 minutes at 200C.
- When the cake is ready and still warm pour the drizzle on top and serve.
- Soya free