I absolutely love a challenge and like to veganize every recipe I used to prepare before I became vegan. It’s good to know that if you want to, you can prepare your old recipes and they will taste as good as, in this case even better than they used to taste before. This quiche is lovely and perfect for an evening meal. Give it a go, you will love it!
- 200g flour
- 110g vegan margarine
- 215g tofu
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion chopped
- 250ml vegan single cream
- 50g vegan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp lemon parsley seasoning
- 1 vegetable cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Using your fingers bring the flour and margarine together into a dough.
- Open the dough on a 7 or 8 inches round spring form baking tray.
- Fry the onion on the vegetable oil on low fire for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Squeeze the tofu block between your hand to get some of the liquid out and than break it into crumbs.
- Add the tofu, seasoning, balsamic vinegar and vegetable cube and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the single cream and the vegan cheese and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and cook it for 30 minutes at 180c.
- Let it cool down for 20 minutes before serving.
- Nut free
This quiche looks pretty good.
I love this quiche recipe, not only is it the easiest vegan quiche I’ve tried but it’s the tastiest by far. It’s easily adapted to other fillings, has a nice texture and cheesy flavour and is liked by non-vegans (even my husband!). Highly recommended, thanks Vanessa 🙂
Made this for the first time. It was delicious and so easy to make. Added a bit of Cherry tomato and asparagus in there too and uses Applewood smoked cheese. Divine. Looking forward to to the next one and trying it with different vegetables.
I used to love quiche and haven’t had it for over three years but now it’s back in the menu! Thank you