Picture a warm Spring day, you relaxing watching an old chick flick movie on the TV or reading your favourite novel, and next to you is a tray with a cuppa and a slice of the best cake ever. In my opinion, this is that very cake. Banana is one of those fruits that is delicious basically any way you have it – mashed, baked with cinnamon or ice-cream – and this recipe says it all really.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 ½ cups of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vegan single cream
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- 4 bananas thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the oil, vegan single cream, almond milk, cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- Add the bananas and mix well.
- Bake it on a greased and floured tube pan for 45 minutes on a pre-heated oven at 180c.