I absolutely love lentils and lentil burgers are my favourite. Add vegan cheese that melts to it and it’s just perfect. These babies are extremely easy and quick to prepare and a perfect accompaniment for a light meal. We had it with sweet chilly sauce and salad. Lovely!
- 2 cups green lentils
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flour (you can use brown rice flour to make it gluten free)
- 1/2 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon and parsley seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g soft vegan cheese sliced
- Black pepper
- Cook the lentils as per the package instructions.
- When the lentils are cooked, mash it well to turn into a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the cheese.
- Make small balls of the mixture with your hands, open a hole in the middle, add a slice of the cheese and close it carefully.
- Bake it for 15 minutes each side at 180C.
- Nut free
- Soya free