This is an old recipe that my mom has been making since forever. It is perfect with crackers but you can also use it as filing for pastry or with salad. It is always best from the second day onwards, as if you leave it to marinate on the fridge the flavours blend together and it is just delicious.
- 2 aubergines sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 vegetable cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Boil the aubergine for 15 minutes to loose its water. Drain and set aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the olive oil and cook it for 20 minutes.
- Turn the fire off, add the olive oil and let it cool completely before taking to the fridge.
You can keep it on the fridge for about a week. Enjoy!
- Soya free