This is one of the best’s biscuit I’ve ever baked. It’s rich, chocolaty and super tasty. The flavour of the mint it’s not overpowering but strong enough for you to know that it’s there. Perfect for one of those days that all you want it’s a cuppa, a good book and something you treat yourself.
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g vegan milk chocolate
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead it with your hands until it comes together and all the flour is incorporated. Add a bit more of flour if needed
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
- Roll a heaping teaspoon of cookie dough into a ball and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Evenly flatten the dough with your fingertips so that it is about 1/4 inch thick and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- When the biscuits are cold, melt the chocolate in bain marie and dunk half of the biscuit in the chocolate and place it in a greased paper.
- Wait for the chocolate to harden and serve.
- Soya free