I love sushi, it’s the perfect quick and light meal when you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen but want something tasty anyway. Cucumber, carrots and avocado are perfect together and my favourite filling but you use any other you like. Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked sushi Japanese rice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 avocado thinly stripped
- 1/4 cucumber thinly stripped
- 1/2 carrots thinly stripped
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 4 sushi nori sheets
- Soya sauce
- Cook the rice as per the package instructions.
- Cover your sushi mat with plastic wrap.
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed on the plastic wrap and spread 1/4 of sushi rice on top. It should evenly cover from the near edge to 2/3 of the way to the far edge of the sheet.
- Place a thin row of filling ingredients across on top of the rice the top of the sheet.
- Hold the edge of the mat with your thumbs, then lift the Nori and roll the sushi away from you. Make sure to keep the ingredients in place and that the rice sticks together.
- Remember to tighten the roll with your sushi mat often, but not too tightly.
- Allow the roll to sit for a minute before cutting it and use a sharp wet knife to cut the roll into sixths.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the sheets and ingredients.
Serve it with vegan wasabi, soy sauce, and pickled ginger.
- Nut free