If you are not a number 1 fan of tofu, as I am, this recipe will do the trick. These fillets are heavenly good, the saltiness of the sauce together with the sweetness of the fried onions is just perfect. Give it a go, you will be amazed, and that is a guarantee!
- 400g firm tofu cut in 1cm slices
- 1/2 cup light soya sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 onions sliced
- Vegetable oil
- In a baking tray mix all the ingredients apart from the tofu and the onions.
- Add the tofu and let it rest in the fridge for 24 hours, turning the tofu slices half way through.
- Heat a frying pan with a little of vegetable oil and fry the tofu slices, three at a time.
- When they are golden brown pour two tbsp of the sauce on top of the tofu slices and fry it a bit longer so all the flavours can be absorbed. Repeat the process until all the tofu slices are fried.
- When you are done with the tofu, if necessary add a bit more vegetable oil to the frying pan and fry the onions until golden brown and soft.
- Pour the onions on top of the tofu fillets and serve right away.
- Nut free