This recipe was especially made for the ones out there who say they don’t like tofu. Tofu on it’s on is a bit bland but has an enormous capability to absorb the taste of anything you mix with it. On this recipe we freeze the tofu so we can 1) change the texture of it and 2) by defrosting it somehow enhances its absorption capacity. Don’t ask me why it simply does.
- 496g tofu
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g chives chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ onions chopped
- Lemon juice
- 10 plum tomatoes cut in half
- 70g pineapple pieces
- Black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Freeze the tofu.
- Take the tofu out of the freezer and leave it in the fridge over night or soak in warm water for about 2 hours.
- Squeeze the tofu until you drain the water out of it, it should feel like a sponge.
- Granulate de tofu and in a bowl mix it with the soya sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, salt and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry the garlic and the onion until tender.
- Pour the mixture to it and stir for about 15 minutes or until it starts to get brown.
- Add the tomatoes, chives and pineapple pieces and stir for another 5 minutes.
This is so good you won’t even remember you said you didn’t like tofu before. Enjoy!
- Nut free