Iron and folic acids are two important nutrients that helps to build the red blood cell in your body. They are easily found in animal products so as vegans we need to make sure, we get them in regular basis and the lentils are a very good source of both of them.
If you are cooking your lentils it takes around 30 minutes and make sure you don’t put any salt in it otherwise then won’t soften up properly. The ingredients in this burger stick together perfectly and the flavour is amazing.
I am at the moment trying to shred a few pounds so I am baking my burgers, but if you prefer to fry them don’t add the olive oil as you will need some vegetable oil to fry it.
- 250g cooked brown lentil
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp lemon and parsley seasoning
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients well so they stick together.
- Using you hands make each patty out of two tbsp of the mixture.
- Bake the burgers for 45 minutes on a pre-heated oven at 180C.
- Turn the burgers half way through to get an even brown colour.
- Nut free
- Soya free