This cake is rich but light, moist and absolutely delicious. I’ve been doing this whipped cream for a while but this was the first time I used it in a cake (not sure why) and the results was fabulous. This cake is going to win you over.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Coconut whipped cream
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the dried ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dried ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inches round baking tray and bake it at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Repeat the process and bake a second cake.
- Leave the cans in the fridge over night or for two hour in the freezer.
- Chill the bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer only the solidified part of the coconut milk to the chilled bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and whip for about 5 minutes or until the mixture begin to stiffen.
Assemble the cake
- Wait for the cakes to cool before you remove it from the baking tray.
- Spread half of the whipped cream on the top of the first cake and half of the fruits on top of it.
- Place the second cake on top and repeat the whipped cream, fruit process.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and take it to the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Soya free