If you have never eaten churros before fear no more now you have the chance. This recipe is delicious and although is extremely fattening and not exactly healthy is a good treat when you feel like indulging yourself into something rich and sweet.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Combine oil, water, sugar and salt in a pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir vigorously with a metal spoon until mixture forms a thick, smooth textured ball.
- Let the mixture cool in the pan until warm, not cool.
- Using a piping bag with a medium sized star tip, pipe logs three to four inches long onto a sheet pan.
- Let chill.
- In a frying pan heat canola oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry churros until golden and remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- Mix light brown sugar and cinnamon
- When cool, roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Nut free
- Soya free