I absolutely love butternut squash and this is my favourite soup, it’s tasty and comforting and you can have it as a started or a light meal. It’s perfect with the garlic bread,. You’ll be amazed.
- 1 medium size butternut squash diced
- 1 litre of water
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 1 vegetable cube
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp lemon and parsley seasoning
- Black pepper
- 10g parsley
- 1/2 tbsp vegan single cream (optional)
- 2 small baguettes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese grated
- 5g chives chopped
- 4 tbsp vegan margarine
- Smoked sea salt
- Sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the butternut squash and the rest of the ingredients apart from the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the water and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the fire off, add the tomatoes and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Blend the soup using a blender or hand blender.
- Add in the single cream and serve.
- Mix garlic, chives, smoked sea salt, margarine and vegan cheese. .
- Place the baguettes of a chopping board and cut little slits into the loaf almost right through to the board so you can get little cracks.
- Stuff the mixture into the crack and wrap the bread on foil paper.
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 200c while you make your soup.
- Nut free