Albina is my lovely grandmother who is an amazing person and cook. This family recipe was passed from my grandmother to my mother and now it’s my turn, except that mine is a vegan version. You’ll be glad to know that I’ve done a good and kept the family tradition. Joke aside this calzone is perfect, you can have it as main, starter or slice it into a snack. Give it a go, I guarantee you’ll love it.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp grounded flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 30g biological yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 onions chopped
- 66g baby leaf spinach
- 110g green olives
- 10g pine nuts
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Black pepper
- Mix the water and flaxseed and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Mix the sugar and the biological yeast, stir until it gets liquid.
- Mix the flour, milk, vegan margarine, salt.
- In a large bowl mix the flaxseed mixture and biological yeast liquid the to the rest of the ingredients and bring into a dough.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest for 1:30 hours.
- In a small pan fry the onion until tender.
- Add the spinach, olives, pine nuts, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, seasoning and stir for 10 minutes
- On a floured surface open the dough, you can make one big calzone or two medium size ones.
- Spread the mixture in the middle of the dough and close it.
- Brush the calzone with olive oil and bake it for 25 minutes at 200c.